Tuesday, January 5, 2010

TUESDAY JAN 5/UPDATE ON MOTHER

GOOD MORNING..
THIS WILL BE A SERIES OF COMMENTARIES ON MY MOTHER'S
CONDITION...
In the following weeks to come..I will be letting u know how my
mother is.. by now..U SHOULD KNOW..she has Dementia, of which is a memory
lost, also has cancer of the breast..

For the past weeks mom has
been showing good eating habits
well speech..laughing..smiling..
keeping us informed of her
mental state and her current thought process..
I start off in the
morning..getting her up for a bath..
fixing breakfast..checking
her vital signs..seeing how everything is doing...
on Mondays
the visiting nurse comes to provide the necessary
checkups
where shes been a..ok..
I started bringing her outta the room
and into the kitchen..
being that's where her destination leads
her from the bedroom..
so it makes it more convenient..less
walking ..keeps it at a medium..
I place her in her chair...start
preparing her morning meal..after..
I take her into the living room
w/my brother Tony..
where she gets some intervention..watches
T.V...even though ..
her eyes can't see well..due to her glaucoma
cataracts as well..
Throughout this period of her sickness..she's
been a wonderful joy of happiness..
though some are finding it
very difficult to adjust..seeing her so small..
lost about 60lbs..
it's very hard to see her go down..
in the months past..but..all
day she prays..
u see her moving her lips & speaking to God...
u hear her say..How much she loves him,
we come from a
very christian background..
was raised in church every Sunday
had to give our thanks..
believe ..were all his children..
give thanks
no matter how u feel..
even if things are not going ur way..he is our
father in Heaven..
the main generator..that keeps us motivated
all through our lifetime..
give the Lord..THY God total respect..
and he will take care of all ur blessings...
this was a rule to live by
Our mother raised 10 children..
of which 4 have deseased..never
knowing how it would feel..
having the kids leave before her..it
took a lot out of her,
being a mom
in charge of a large family
sharing old times..good as well as bad...
staying close to all of her
six..left w/ 16grandchildren and11 great grand..
her love is spread
out through the gifts planted...
a tree grew in Norfolk Virginia..
moved to NYC..where My Dad job..moved here..
where the rest of
us were born..4 in Virginia and the rest of
us here in NY..
They moved
to HACKENSACKN.N.J.
first..but only lived there a year..then
left to the Harlem 115 st & AMSTERDAM..
lived for 3 years..where
we moved to the Bronx..thats where I was born..
where we lived for
almost 11 years..my mother had sick children..
Sickle cell..my brother
Paul..lived to be55..
wasn't suppose to live past 23..
my sister Cassandra lived to be4..
her whole body
turned white..from anemia..I wasn't
born yet..that was a hard pill to swallow...
this is the
one my mother said I
looked like more than the
other girls..and when Isaw the pictures..
I was shocked..
she looks just like me..then was
LEONARD..
MY CLOSES brother..
he died of sclerosis of the Liver from
alcohol poisoning..I find him in his Room..
then there was..my retarded sister
Gloria..
she gave my mother the run for her money
it got so bad..my mom had no other choice but to
place her..
where she was put in
Willowbrook in staten Island
across the water..
where she was tamper w/
things were stolen from her
aide were faulty..a report on Eyewitness News
soon Later revealed
after my sister
suddenly was found dead..
call the house..where it was
DAD's birthday..he picks
up the phone where
I walked in the kitchen to find my dad
crying..he told us the grim news..Gloria was dead..
years later..
Giraldo Rivera did a story on
Willowbrook..until this day..we will never
know what happen to my sister in that horrible
place..THIS is the LIFE of my MOTHER
Mrs..ARTELIA B BULLOCK..(Jordan)
AT 98..SHE STILL
HAS the world on her
SHOULDERS
but..it's all GOOD..LOVE
keeps her here with
family..
We'll always be here
for her
this is how She wanted us 2 be
Respectable..no matter how
upset we get being punished..send
2 bed w/out
SUPPER..
she GOT her WISH...we
were DISCIPLINE 2
KNOW..the truth..once it was
applied..then we were
set free..2 go out..
and be..
her children of God..
CREATE..
LOVE YA MOM..MUAH!!!

No comments: